Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Madonna inducted into Rock Hall of Fame

Madonna was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame last night. Huh?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a big fan of Madge. She had me at “Borderline”. She was thrilling during her “Blonde Ambition” Tour in 1990. How can we forget the now-iconic Gaultier coned bra? Rex’s cornea still isn’t attached!

But the Hall of Fame? The ROCK Hall of Fame? If there was Pop Hall of Fame, sure. Otherwise I’m not convinced.

Was her nom a reflection of the changing tastes of music in America? Or has the Hall run out of nominees? Or did the Hall just want to see if she would show up in that Gaultier bra?

And why is there a museum for rock? Rock is supposed to be in-the-moment, unpredictable, and something you listen to really loud to piss off your parents. Not something in a museum!

That aside, I applaud Ms. Ritchey. I hope she never stops and always makes me feel “touched for the very first time.”

No comments: