Sunday, April 13, 2008

Santa Barbara

Just got back from a 1-night stay in Santa Barbara. I was there for work, but did manage to get out a bit. I walked the downtown area and was thrilled a Farmer's Market was going on - quite festive!



I took these 2 snaps with my phone from my rental car [yes, I was driving]. Not the best quality, but this commute sure beats the hell out of my normal one.


I had some terrific fish tacos at a chain called Wahoo's. I'd never eaten at one, but it reminded me of Rubio's. But I think Wahoo's was better as they had a different take on certain items. Since I usually judge a place on their beans and rice I was pleased to have something called ahi rice [tasty] and their spicy Cajun white beans [surprising heat! ]. The place isn't exactly a destination, but a delicious meal on the cheap? Right friggin' on!

Next door to Wahoo's is an Irish pub called The James Joyce. I went inside and it was quite authentic. I stayed a bit for some music as the band was pretty good. Since it was a work night, I didn't partake in the fine Guinness being poured, but rest assured, if I'm back in the area, I'll be in this place for more than a few jars!

No comments: