Wednesday, July 16, 2008

X-Files: I Want to Believe

I used to love this series and hung in there until they limped to the finish of the show. I'm glad they're making more movies and I look forward to seeing it.
In a recent "New York Times" article, the actors had this to say:

Gillian Anderson – “I walked in thinking, it’s going to be like riding a bicycle. It wasn’t. It was like riding a fucking unicycle. I’d been trying so hard to stretch myself in other roles, and to catch myself when I did anything that remotely resembles Scully, that when I was put back in the ring with her, my brain started misfiring.”

David Duchovny – “It’s been a while since I worked on those night shoots. I’d forgotten how bodily taxing it can be standing in the cold or trying to chase somebody down at 4 in the morning.” As for the Scully/Mulder relationship, “I’m not surprised people are still curious. It’s really the kind of weird marriage they have, that perfect and imperfect relationship, that gives life to the whole enterprise.”

Watch the trailer:

No comments: