Sunday, July 11, 2010

"Spamalot"

I've never been a follower of Monty Python. I dunno, always seemed too English, or just maybe their fans are too rabid knowing every line from every skit. But we went to see "Spamalot" last night and I loved it. I laughed. I giggled. And I even sang along with the closing song "Find Your Grail".

Gary Beach, below pic, was hilarious in the lead (and with a better singing voice than Tim Curry, Broadway's original Arthur). Lesli Margherita, the gal who played The Lady in the Lake, had a gorgeous voice and did some great on-purpose over-acting. But I still think, how would she have compared to Sara Ramirez, the original Lady.

No matter, had a great time. And if you get a chance to see this show, do yourself a favor and go. The jokes and gags whiz by at 1,000 miles per hour. Really funny stuff.

Here's the Broadway cast from the 2005 Tony Awards. Sara Ramirez is great in this!

1 comment:

Doreen said...

That's the whole thing with British humor. It's extremely subtle and dizzyingly fast. I find that if I'm tired, I'm not so interested in watching it.