Thursday, April 21, 2011

Wishful Drinking

Just finished Carrie Fisher's book. Well, I say book but running at 151 pages, double spaced with pictures, I managed to finish it in 3 lunches at work. It's more of a script from her 1-woman show. Regardless, it's a scream.
Some memorable bits:
"You know what’s funny about death? I mean other than absolutely nothing at all? You’d think we could remember finding out we weren’t immortal. Sometime I see children sobbing in airports and I think, 'Aww. They’ve just been told.'”
"I have a very loud voice. I used to say that my voice was designed to wrest people from dreams."
"You know I saw yet another Princess Leia figurine recently at one of those comic book conventions – which yes, I go to when I’m lonely. Anyway, this doll was on a turnstile. And when it got to a particular place on the turnstile, you could see up my dress, to my anatomically correct – though shaved – galaxy snatch. Well, as you can imagine, because this probably happens to you all the time, I was a bit taken aback by this, so I called George Lucas and I said, 'You know what man? Owning my likeness does not include owning my lagoon of mystery.'”

No comments: