Monday, July 18, 2011

18 Hour Visit

This bagel with salmon says it all about my weekend. Saturday breakfast at a new favorite place - Riverside Clubhouse - will forever be on my brain (or at least until my next visit). Pleasant...no, it was a glorious surprise. Food, decor, service, and alluringly hypnotic water feature on the patio.



Loved this headstone in German. Haven't seen it before.



And a cooler than cool gate to this plot. I dunno, the history in this old cemetery really is great to revisit.



Hot Italian always knocks it out the park with their classic yet inventive pizza menu. Loved this salad atop a simple crust. But that's the silver lining. First the server actually collided my pie with my cohort's dinner, spilling it on the floor causing the dish to be made a 2nd time. Next the server forgot to put in one of my companion's order (hello? count 'em 1, 2, 3, and 4).



The complimentary "I fucked up" gelato really didn't hit the spot...sigh...

1 comment:

Doreen said...

Remember "Two Guys From Italy Pizza" in South Lake Tahoe? Now *there* was some pizza!

Bummer about the service and the experience. Makes me remember Cabo Wabo in the 'burg. {{{{Sigh}}}} At least Sacramento has a big-city feel.

My verification word for my google sign-in is "licksies." Thought you might need to know that. ;)