Sunday, July 24, 2011

Amy Winehouse R.I.P.

Forget the tabloid stories. Ignore the vultures picking over her like the latest piece of meat.

Remember the tallent. Remember the art she created. That's what I'm going to miss. I was rooting for Amy. I have both her albums and the guest tracks she did for Mark Ronson, but it's not enough.


We had tickets to see her in San Francisco back in 2008. But then she wasn't granted a Visa and had to cancel the entire tour. She even performed via satelite that year on the Grammy's. I would have loved to have seen her live.

Amy was supposed to sing the last Bond theme. But as Mark Ronson said in an interview, "She's not ready". The song never happened.



Yep, we all saw her death coming. But if you're like me, you really didn't want it to happen. I'm gonna miss her.



1 comment:

Doreen said...

What needed to be done was to have her go to more than just a week's worth of rehab. She was in a 1-week program just a couple of months ago. Just not long enough to really cure an addiction that is that life-threatening. You'd think someone in her life would have tried harder to get her into something like that, given the issues she'd had in the past.