Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Debbie Harry at 66!

From a recent interview for Britain's Daily Mail.

On being adopted:

“It gave me a license to expect anything and not be predetermined, which proved great for me career-wise. As I got older, I realized the differences between us – I knew that I was an artist, and although my parents were interested in the arts, they didn’t work in the arts.”


On Lady Gaga & shows like The X Factor:

“‘I think Gaga has good songs and I appreciate her ambition. I like the fact that she’s really into being outrageous.”

“There’s good and bad in those shows because they give people a chance and a shortcut to fame, and they’re certainly getting record deals when they wouldn’t normally. I’ve thought about whether I’d have ever gone on one of those shows and I probably wouldn’t have been capable.”


On aging, Botox, and surgery:

“I don’t think any of us want to get older, but there are all these things out there that if you want to, you should take advantage of. I’ve done everything and will probably continue to do everything. I think Joan Rivers has the right idea and I think Cher looks great."


Besides putting out a new Blondie album, “Panic of Girls”, she’s bungee jumping!:

“I did it a while ago and I think it’s about time I did it again. I like flying and have taken lessons, and a friend of mine is trying to convince me to go skydiving.”

No comments: