Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Bicycles

Are they a romantic notion or just a mode of transportation?


On my European trips, when I see a bicycle perched artfully against a building or light pole, I take a picture. I don’t have a great creative eye, but I try to emulate what I’ve seen on postcards or in books. But why take a picture of a bike?


When the guy who rode the bike in the picture got up in the morning, did he think “Damn, I wish I had a car?” Or did he think, “I’m a free spirit and luckily I don’t have the shackles of a car?”


Riding over all those cobble stones in Europe has GOT to be a bitch. But I guess it’s better than having to find a parking spot for a car.


I don’t really have anything insightful, purposeful, or even glib to say about bikes. Other than, don’t you like my neat-o pictures? The top one was taken in Bacharach, Germany on the Rhine. And the bottom collection is from Amsterdam. (sigh) Wish I was there now…riding a bike…

1 comment:

Doreen said...

Bicycles are nice to ride in nice weather. Wouldn't want to do it in the rain, or snow, or hot weather.