Thursday, January 12, 2012

Maui 2011 (Part 1)

I've been home from Maui for a couple of months but have been remiss in posting any pictures here.

It was a terrific holiday and I enjoyed the heck out of the place. Everything I'd read about it's beauty was true and all the stories I'd heard that I would slow down to Island Time were dead-on. Sure I did lots of driving and sight-seeing, but mixed with "beach afternoons" and "breakfast on the lanai", I completely relaxed.

On the Road to Hana
(yep, I drove the whole thing - and back!):


A view of Lahaina from the water en route to our submarine tour:


Of course this is from the top of the volcano, Haleakala
(no, not sunrise, but late morning like "normal" people):


A beach on the windy side of the Island
(I fell in the water with my shoes on. Tsk):

No comments: