Sunday, May 25, 2008

Beerfest 2008

Beerfest 2008 came and went and I lived to tell. It was a swell afternoon and we got to try some really excellent local brews.

I think this one was my favorite - Trumer Pils. Really smooth lager. I could pound 20 of these if left to my own devises. But those 3 oz tasting glasses kept the wolves at bay.
This one - Moylan's - was pretty tasty. I'm partial to the Celtic influence so I was drawn to their booth.


This booth was lame and didn't have any fliers or anything. Had to take a pic of the guy's T-shirt. I promised I'd cut off his head. Beer was so-so...too hoppy.


This was a local find - Beerman's. It's in Roseville and on Thurs and Fri nights from 3 to 8:00, they open up the back of their brewery for anyone to bring your own food and picnic. I love that and must try it!


If you enlarge this pic, you can read the fine print - 12.5% alcohol. Once the word got out, the line was gynormous. Needless to say, they ran out by the time I got to the front. Feh..!


1 comment:

SkinnyRex said...

Beerfest was awsom, although now I know why they only give out 10 tickets. 20 is too many and I start yelling. I had a great time.