Friday, August 20, 2010

Clannad & Bono "In A Lifetime"

A big hit in Ireland back in 1985, the song stands the test of time and is as haunting as ever. What doesn't hold up to time is the video.

All these Irish people look crazy. Some wearing wacky hats for no reason, weird old people walking in the rain wearing black, and Bono rocking the Irish-mullet.

I'll always like Moya Brennan's voice and this duet with Bono, and you can bet the video will always make me giggle.


Showing up at about 1:52 in the video is a boat being hit by lightening. I'm pretty sure it's this very boat. I took this picture back in 2006. It's taken at Rosses Point just outside of Sligo.


Ok, it's likely not the same boat, but I like to think it is!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Bono looks like a little boy and I guess he was!