Friday, August 20, 2010

Rome: Eat Like a Local

I visited Rome in 1998 and had a wonderfully memorable time. The gelato was something I will never forget.

So I was pleased to see "Eat Like a Local in Rome" on the cover of "Budget Travel" mag's June 2010 issue (read it here). I lovingly borrowed these snaps, so don't hate me. I haven't eaten at any of these places, but when I look at these pictures, my mouth waters and my memory runs!

Below: "Antipasti behind the counter at Armando al Pantheon"

Below: "Da Lucia is one of those Roman streets that you see in the movies."

Late night dining in Rome I remember well. I seem to recall even closing down a place or two. The wait staff was done cleaning up and joined us for a beer and a smoke (well, THEY smoked, not me)
Below: "Rigatoni all'Amatriciana at 73-year-old Da Tonino al Governo Vecchio in Piazza Navona"

I visited Piazza Navona but don't remember this place. Wow, 73 years in business. That's like 300 years in California restaurant years. Mmmm... carb-tastic!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I'd have to bring two different sized clothes because I know I would blimp up in no time fast! Great pictures and drool inducing article!