Friday, October 1, 2010

Back from Holiday

I'm back from a terrific holiday. I survived Oktoberfest in Munich, bought some nifty lederhosen, and consumed my fare share of bier.

I'm going to post some pictures from the trip, but not in any order - just randomly, the way my mind works.

Here's the first: it's one of those cardboard signs that stand up on tables in bars. This one, oddly enough, we "borrowed" from a pub in Dublin. Yep, Oktoberfest is global (so is the company that owns Guinness and Paulaner and host of other brands), so while we lapped up pints of Guinness, we fondly remembered our adventures in Munich's famous tents.



On a side note, the above placard was in perfect condition... until those TSA bastards got a hold of it while rifling through my luggage. Tried as best I could to get the crease out. Damn you TSA!

No comments: