Friday, October 1, 2010

Book I Read on Holiday

Those following this blog regularly might remember back on May 31 "9 Books I Bought but Haven't Read Yet". Well, I READ A BOOK! This breezy, slutty book my Chelsea Handler was a hoot. Only problem with it was that it was TOO easy of a read and I finished it on the plane ride out!

My favorite part of the book when Chelsea talks about her new found love of "little people" and takes a small person home for the evening. After waking with a hangover she recounts:

"The first thing I saw when I awoke were two tiny feet scurrying across the Spanish tile to the bathroom. I was so confused. At first I thought, Oh, great, I had a baby. Then I felt under the covers. My underwear was still on. I know you could never have a baby with your underwear still on."


Since I only brought one book on holiday, I needed a new one. I'd seen Shappi Khorsandi on the Graham Norton Show a few weeks ago. She was hilarious. She's a stand-up comedian who moved to England with her family from Iran. Her story is a funny one, learning new weird English customs and finding her way in the world. I'm 100 pages in (the allergy meds kicked in on the plane and I was OUT!) and can't wait to read the rest.


While I was searching for Shappi's book, I came across Ewan and Charley's new book "Long Way Down". Well, not new, but new to me. I'd seen the mini-series and loved it. Their first book was a fun adventure (Ewan's version of events is often so different than Charley's) and thought this would be too. And with a clearance price tag of 3.99 Euro, why not? Sadly, reading the book will have to wait. Hopefully not until the next holiday!

No comments: