Thursday, September 15, 2011

Armstrong Redwoods & Last Meal

Being geographically impaired, I was pleasantly surprised to find redwoods right in Guerneville!


We parked outside the park, and took the shortest introductory hike of about 1.5 miles. With the thick canopy, the temp was cooler by about 10 degrees on the forest floor.


Henri worked up a sweat, but managed to keep his coat on.


On our last night, we spotted an Inn just down the road. Actually I discovered it in the recommended places at our B&B. They called it a "unique dining experience" since the Inn was located ON THE RIVER.


We loved the service, loved the view, and especially loved the food. This was my grilled Napoleon. Not sure why I was feeling vegetarian. Delicious. Wonderful, special way to cap a terrific holiday!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Fantastic! I am so glad you both had such a great getaway! Food looks to die for!