Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sonoma Coast

Not wanting to stay in Guerneville and imbibe, we got suggestions from our Innkeepers and headed in the direction of the Sonoma Coast, about 20 miles away. First stop, Goat Rock.


I looked at this rock every which way, but it NEVER looked like a goat. Even Henri didn't think so.


The sand was a heavy grade, but soft. I took off my shoes and enjoyed getting my tootsies all wet. This lone bird wasn't alone for too much longer. Luckily I didn't get crapped on!


Again, what's in a name? I didn't see any blind people on this beach. And it's doubtful they didn't see me.


It's really lovely actually. I do love the marine layer, the cool mist, the spooky desolate effect.


Yep, another lone bird. Reminds me of a Three Dog Night song...


Spent a good chunk of the day in Bodega Bay. The homemade tour included lots of stops from the Hitchcock film "The Birds". Hmm, maybe those lone birds above where on to something? But of course, Henri takes it to the next level and hams it up. Jeez...

No comments: