Friday, July 27, 2012

Louvre Museum "Junk"

When I view art, I like to take my time and let it evoke some sort of reaction or emotion from me. What's the artist trying to say? Do I even like the picture or sculpture or dirty cardboard cutout? But in the Louvre in Paris, the crowds were insane. It didn't make for a conducive environment to really take in the art. The scrum in front of the Mona Lisa is a good example. Check it out:

So I guess I could have entertained myself by mocking tourists, or knocking a few down (guilty on both counts), but my time in the Louvre turned much more productive. Our mission? Take as many pictures of exposed "junk" and giggle like a 13-year-old. Check out a few of our snaps.

SHAVEN Junk:

GROUP TWISTED Junk:

OLD MAN Junk:

TINY Junk:

GRATUITOUS CLOSE-UP Junk:

CREEPY ALABASTER ANGEL Junk:

ROMAN Junk:

1 comment:

Doreen said...

I think you could do a whole blog on "junque." And yes, I think it should be spelled that way. ;)