Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Siggns of Foood

As an American tourist, signs in a foreign language half-translated into English is often a welcome thing ("whew, I can sorta read that"). And it can be pretty damned funny.

Take this for example. If your sushi bar "suks", why would you advertise it? Maybe it's due to the naked people inside? I'm assuming that's what "nudeln" are (ok, I really know, but I'm not telling).
Seems the sushi competition is fierce in Amsterdam. This place serves up any and all animals found in a zoo. Why else would it be called "Zushi"?

I didn't know Mexican had 2 a's in it. Well, maybe Amsterdam-born Tio Pepe didn't know either? Just glad the option of tortilllllaas and enchillllaadas was available so far from home.

Obviously this sign was MEANT to be funny. And it kinda was.

Not sure what's "easy" about this place's Japanese. Maybe the meals come with a happy ending?

No comments: