Sunday, May 22, 2011

Dinner at Cosmo Cafe

I've been wanting to try this restaurant for quite some time. Their $25 price fix menu was just the ticket.

I asked the bartender to make me something special with no alcohol. He presented me with this gem: fresh passion fruit, simple syrup and a little something fizzy. Refreshing!
I didn't know what to expect from this cup of soup, but what I got was FLAVOR! The menu described it as "Miso and Shiitake Mushroom Soup", but it should have been FLAVOR EXPLOSION!
My main course was the pan seared salmon. I will never be able to duplicate this fantastic cooking technique - perfect. The fish sat on artichokes, fingerling potatoes, with a olive-tomato relish. Yes, you can see that the sun came out when this dish was served (no kidding) and a sunbeam lit up it's loveliness.
The meal ended with Almond Cake (yes, there's cake under those strawberries and lemon cream). I wanted MORE!!!

No comments: