Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Jug Handle State Reserve

Just north of Mendocino is a turn-off for Jug Handle. We passed the sign a few times and I would think "Big Giant Lady Boobies," for some reason (drrrr?). Who needs a better reason to stop and take a look?


Another stark beautiful location. Walking out to the cliff's edge through a wetlands, I couldn't help feel like I was on the moon. It seems so desolate, yet so alive.


Henri came along too, hogging the spotlight wherever he goes. This hole in the rock reminded me of the famous rock at the tip of Baja...only cooler.


It would have been nicer with the sun shining, but something about the gloom of the marine layer "fits" for this place. I love it.


Henri is a ham. While walking back to the car he wanted his picture taken. But the thicket of grasses were too high, so he needed a lift. Jeez...

No comments: