Wednesday, September 7, 2011

MacKerricher State Park

Up the road from Fort Bragg is MacKerricher. From what I read on the posted signs, it used to be a logging area, then Mr. MacKerricher turned it into a park. Okay, that's probably not EXACTLY the story, but it's as much as I can remember.


Driving into the park, I had no idea it was a campground too (mental note to self). The beach was clean and lovely, but we were drawn to the tide pools. Henri, of course, had to lie down and get in the picture.


It was pretty "cliffy", but as I hopped from one rock to the next I tried not to recreate the Giants Causeway Disaster in Ireland 2006 (please don't remind me, but in a nut shell? Slipped, fell).


Pretty foggy still that day, but we enjoyed ourselves. When some stranger shouted "WHALE" my gut reaction was to punch him. But when I realized he meant a REAL whale - and not just a shirtless pale dude - I got excited.


I swear, we saw a whale. Twice. Yet, there's no picture so you'll have to take my word for it. Since there was no whale picture, here's another Henri snap (the camera junkie).

No comments: