Monday, September 5, 2011

Mendocino cove

Just before you reach Mendocino, there's a long bridge with a lovely cove underneath. We missed it upon arrival so on our way out, decided to take a peek.


No, that's not our shoes. Just some carefully placed flotsam and jetsam.


I was taken by the stillness of the place. Maybe it was that the marine layer hadn't lifted yet, or the fact it was only 10:00 a.m. But I found it lovely.


Jeez, like a scene from a movie...calm and serene.


So calm and serene, Henri took off his cap and jumped in!


I didn't want to forget to post these plants from the area. I'm sure they'd never grow in my garden and I wanted to take them along in pictures.


The leaves on this lovely were extraordinary.


As I stated in an earlier post, I'm a sucker for color and this purple beauty always caught my eye. If you could only touch it. It's fuzzy!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Salvia and I think the orange one is an aloe both of which you could grow!