Thursday, September 1, 2011

Mendocino Headlands

Our first full day, we were fortunate to have full sun -- glorious sun in a usually foggy area. Heck, I even got a bit of a sunburn!


The Headlands were an easy walk from our B&B and about a mile and a half around. To our joy, it was ridiculously photogenic.


Come on! A fishing boat in a cove, framed in by jagged rocks and trees on a sunny day? Is someone shooting postcard pictures? (Click on the pics to make them full-size for nifty desktop pictures.)


Even this sea bird didn't move while I took this snap. Ok, out of frame is, what I suspected, the bird's babies. Um, she's not going anywhere while this fool is a snappin'.


Our travel companion, Henri, came out for some sun too. Hehe!


Okay, okay! We'll stay back! Don't want to get sucked in by the water!


Cove after cove...jeez, I couldn't have asked for more.


So blue I could see the rocks at the bottom!


I stopped to "smell the roses" and found color blooming!


As evidenced by flower pedals on the ground, a wedding must have taken place just before we arrived. And I don't blame the couple one bit. Just look at that lovely framed view!


Worn out from taking snaps, Henri takes a rest. Actually I wasn't sure how to pose the little guy and didn't want to fall over the cliff myself -- and especially I didn't want to lose Henri's hat!

No comments: