Friday, September 2, 2011

Point Cabrillo Light Station, Mendocino

Seeing the sign off the road for a light station, I was expecting a light house. Well, not quite. I guess I thought it would be bigger. Didn't matter, the area was striking and the jaunt out to the station was a hoot.


We didn't follow the signs for the "1.5 Mile Walk on Paved Road", but rather through the wetlands. Yes, there was a path, but also a bunch of signs warning of ticks! I did the only thing appropriate, took off my shirt and walked bare-breasted to the light station.

Henri came along too.


I'll confess. I copied the below camera framing from a postcard I'd seen inside the light station. I thought, "I can do that..." So I did.


Cool cliffs, of course, at every turn.


Didn't see any whales here, but Henri got a giggle out of posing at this sign. I think it had to do with the fact I was shirtless. Bastard!


I'm a sucker for pretty flowers I've never seen. The coastal region had ample. This purple gem below was abundant.

No comments: